THE DENTAL CLINIC
The Knox County Health Clinic Dental Program offers free or minimum cost access to dental care for those who qualify. Priority is given to those who need dental care for the control of pain and infection, or to improve employability, and to children in need. There is a waiting list.
*The Dental Clinic does not provide emergency services*
- What do we provide through the program?
- Exams, cleanings, and X-rays by a dental hygienist
- Limited access to local dentists who have volunteered their time for fillings and extractions
- Acrylic partials and dentures at reduced rates for those who qualify
- Who qualifies to participate in the Dental Program?
- Who staffs the program?
- Volunteers from the Knox County Health Clinic
- The clinic's own dental hygienist
- Local dentists and their assistants, who volunteer their time
- How much does it cost?
- 0%-100% of federal poverty guidelines.....$10 per visit (see chart)
- 101%-200% of federal poverty guidelines...$20 per visit (see chart).
- Medicaid or Cub Care- insured children........ $5 per visit
- Dentures and acrylic partials......... $100 per bridge
- How do you enroll?
- Fill out an Application Form and return it to the Clinic with the appropriate fee (see above). The Clinic will then schedule an appointment for you. To obtain an application:
- Call the clinic and one will be mailed to you
- Stop by the clinic and pick one up, or
- Print out the online form below.
- Click here for a printable Adult Dental Program application.
Please complete this application and return it with proof of income and the appropriate fee to:
Knox County Health Clinic
22 White St.
Rockland, ME 04841
- Child /Teenager Applications: If you are applying for someone under the age of 18, please call before applying. There may be other services available for your child. Our number is 594-6996.
More "Frequently Asked Questions" about the Dental Clinic here
The KNOX COUNTY HEALTH CLINIC